Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My new obsession: Smoons


I recently discovered "Smoons" and I am OBSESSED. I found them at Malibu Market & Design (which by the way is amazing and really worth a visit, they also have a great location for cocktail parties and such at the very top of the property which I would love to use for my rehearsal dinner if it was a little cheaper).


Smoons are solar powered, can be used plugged in or cordless, are sensitive (you just touch them to turn them off) and waterproof, so you can just throw them in the pool. I think they are AMAZING, and I want at least 20 of them - except I believe they cost around $1,400 each!


I was hoping to be able to rent them, but I'm not having any luck so far in tracking down many U.S. retailers, let alone someone who would rent them, but how amazing would they be scattered around on the grass and under trees for my wedding?! Magical!!


I actually first became aware of them via a venue that I was interested for our wedding. They had smoons throughout the property, and it looked so great, as you can see from the photos below! I really wanted to have my wedding at this venue, but that's another story! I do by the way have the venue locked, in Malibu, did I forget to mention that? Yeah, a few weeks ago, and just in the nick of time!


By the way wouldn't that bougainvillea covered structure in the photo below have been perfect for us to get married under, surrounded by city lights? Not to mention easier and more convenient than Malibu? No regrets though right?!


No comments: